In a unique opportunity, Ontario Basketball (OBA) is seeking a dynamic individual who will be responsible for supporting the organization throughout the operation of the Ontario Basketball League (OBL), including acting as a point of contact for all participating OBL teams, coaches, parents, athletes and hosts. The position is also responsible for implementing the registration process, planning and on-site attendance and event management at select OBL events.
The successful candidate will enjoy working in a team environment, demonstrate an energetic attitude, and possess a desire to work in an amateur sports environment.
Responsibilities for this role will include, but not be limited to:
- Coordination and implementation of Ontario Basketball’s flagship youth basketball league, the Ontario Basketball League.
- Act as a resource person for all participating Ontario Basketball League teams, coaches, parents, athletes and host facilities.
- Maintain and coordinate league registration processes for the Ontario Basketball League.
- Participate in the execution of Ontario Basketball sanctioned events including the Ontario Basketball League, OBLX and Ontario Basketball Super League.
- Assist in the coordination and execution of the marketing strategy for the Ontario Basketball League.
Skills & Diplomas:
- A university degree or college diploma in sports administration, sports management or communications, or equivalent work experience.
- Experience in sports or in a sports-related context is an asset.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Digital proficiency including but not limited to knowledge of Microsoft Office, Google Workspace (Sheets, Docs, Slides).
- Experience in marketing and/or social media management is an asset.
- Experience with website management (WordPress), scheduling software and/or Adobe Creative Suite is an asset.
- Be able to work independently and maintain tight schedules and flexible hours (including some evenings and weekends) in a fast-paced, service-oriented team environment.
- Ability to multi-task and prioritize in a fast-paced environment and meet critical deadlines.
- Strong organizational and interpersonal skills – Previous customer service experience is an asset.
Deadline to apply: Thursday, April 14, 2022 at 11:59 p.m. EST.
Compensation: In addition to health benefits, Abilities Center membership and free parking, a competitive salary will be commensurate with experience.
Interested candidates should email their resume and cover letter to Mike Barbin – Director, Clubs and Competitions at [email protected]
Ontario Basketball is an equal opportunity employer. Ontario Basketball is happy to accommodate individual needs. If you require accommodation at any time during the recruitment or selection process, please contact Claude Nembhard.
We thank all applicants for their interest, but only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.